Colby Covington Profile
Colby Covington is a mixed martial artist who is currently signed to the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). He is a former Interim UFC Welterweight Champion. As of February 15, 2021, he is #1 in the UFC welterweight rankings.
Born in California in the United States of America, Covington is making big movements in the world of fighting. He turned professional in 2012 after managing to win five fights in a row.
It looked like he would always be involved in the world of fighting as he won the 171lb Championship as a senior. He then won the national junior college wrestling title as a freshman before becoming a two-time Pac-10 Conference champion at Oregon before graduating with a Bachelor’s degree in sociology in 2011.
He hasn’t got the best UFC rapport with president Dana White, and recently mentioned how Dana White hung up on him as soon as he rejected the chance to fight Leon Edwards.
You can find all of the latest UFC news and rumours right here at GiveMeSport.
Colby Covington vs Warlley Alves– Loss by submission, Las Vegas, Nevada, United States of America, December 12th 2015.
Colby Covington vs Max Griffin– Win by knockout, Las Vegas, Nevada, United States of America, August 20th 2016
Colby Covington vs Rafael Dos Anjos– Win by unanimous decision, Chicago, United States of America, June 9th 2018
Colby Covington vs Kamaru Usman– Loss by knockout, Las Vegas, Nevada, United States of America, December 14th 2019
Colby Covington vs Tyron Woodley– Win by knockout, Las Vegas, Nevada, United States of America, September 19th 2020
Latest Colby Covington Stories
- Usman, Ngannou, Oliveira, Poirier: Independent's top 10 UFC P4P fighters
- Colby Covington suffered 'serious' injuries during alleged assault by Jorge Masvidal
- Colby Covington Next Fight: Who Will ‘Chaos’ Potentially Fight Next?
- Kamaru Usman says other welterweights must go through Colby Covington before facing him
- Colby Covington's broken tooth revealed after Jorge Masvidal's alleged assault
- Khamzat Chimaev vs Colby Covington: Everything We Know So Far