Danny Ings Profile
Danny Ings, aged 28 and 5’10” tall, has established himself as one the most ruthless and clinical finishers in the Premier League. The words Danny Ings and injury unfortunately go together frequently, which has subsequently prevented the England forward from achieving more than he has done throughout his career.
After impressing with Burnley in the early stages of his career - a club where he scored 43 goals in 130 appearances - Ings was signed by Liverpool in 2015 as he looked to leap to the next level and start challenging for the Premier League title. However, several injury problems halted his progress and went on to make just 25 appearances for the Reds in three seasons.
But Ings is back and back firing on all cylinders. The England striker moved to Southampton and scored 22 Premier League goals during the 2019-20 season, finishing runner-up for the golden boot award to Jamie Vardy (23 goals).
Finished runner- up with Burnley in the 2013-14 Championship season.
Finished runner-up in the Champions League with Liverpool in 2018.
Named in the PFA Team of the Year for 2013/14 Championship campaign.
Won Football League Championship Player of the Year award in 2013/14.
Where can I find Danny Ings on social media?
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic scores minutes after coming onto the pitch after 4-month absence
- Harvey Elliott: Liverpool youngster's classy gesture to fan in hospital after injury vs Leeds
- Harvey Elliott: Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp was visibly emotional when giving injury update
- Harvey Elliott Injury: Man Utd's Marcus Rashford sends classy to Liverpool star
Latest Danny Ings Stories
- Aston Villa team news: Steven Gerrard in 'awkward situation' after £25m Dean Smith gamble
- Steven Gerrard Aston Villa manager: Predicting 11 things that will happen now
- Southampton latest news: 'Unrealistic' expectations amid big £40m transfer call
- Aston Villa team news: Questionable Dean Smith decision caused by £58m duo
- Aston Villa latest news: Teenage academy sensation is already finishing like Danny Ings
- Aston Villa latest news: Dean Smith's £53m experiment still isn't paying off