Declan Rice Profile
Declan Rice, aged just 22, has the capabilities to reach the very top of elite level football - his transformation in an often-struggling West Ham outfit has been quite remarkable. The England midfielder has already established himself as the Hammers captain when Mark Noble is not in the starting XI, not to mention the fact he has solidified his position as England’s holding midfielder.
Rice, a former Ireland international before switching to England, stands at 6’1” tall and can operate as a defensive midfielder - his current position - or at centre-back. Rice is now a player on Frank Lampard and Chelsea’s transfer radar, with the west-London club in pursuit of luring the England midfielder to Stamford Bridge - the club that released him aged just 14.
Amassing over 100 Premier League appearances by the age of 21, Rice has plentiful experience for such a young prospect. When it comes to defensive midfielders in the Premier League, Rice ranks among the very best in the division and is a player destined for the top of the game.
Made his senior West Ham debut against Burnley in May 2017
Won Hammer of the Year for the 2019/20 season
Made his senior England debut against Czech Republic in March 2020
Scored his first Premier League goal in a 1-0 victory against Arsenal in 2018
Where can I find Declan Rice on social media?
Trending Declan Rice Stories
Latest Declan Rice Stories
- England XI vs Scotland: Reece James and Luke Shaw set to start in Euro 2020 clash
- Transfer News: Man United have received 'assurances' over West Ham star Declan Rice
- Euro 2020 day three: Jesse Lingard celebrates England win as Jude Bellingham makes history
- England's Kalvin Phillips produced stunning Euro 2020 highlights vs Croatia
- Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal: Premier League 'big six' ranked by potential 2021/22 XIs
- England XI vs Croatia: Jose Mourinho 'wouldn't think twice' about picking Ben Chilwell
- Man Utd featured in Premier League 'relegation race' debate under Solskjaer in 2019
- Rooney, Beckham, Gerrard: England players at Euros since 2000 ranked from worst to best
- England’s Euro 2020 XI vs Croatia: Southgate considers starting four full-backs