About Gareth Bale
Gareth Bale is a world-class winger currently playing for Real Madrid in La Liga.
Discussed as one of the world’s best footballing talents, Bale moved to Real Madrid in 2013 for a world-record fee at the time of approximately £90 million, eclipsing the £80 million that Madrid paid for Cristiano Ronaldo.
After joining Tottenham Hotspur following a youth career in Southampton’s world-renowned academy, the Welsh superstar set the Premier League alight. Under Harry Redknapp, he won PFA Player of the Year in 2011 and 2013, as well as being named in the UEFA Team of the Year.
Bale made his Real Madrid debut in September 2013 and went on to play an integral part that season, scoring the winning goals in the final of the Champions League and the Copa del Rey.
In 2018, Bale scored a sensational brace against Liverpool to secure his fourth Champions League trophy for Real Madrid, his first was a stunning bicycle kick past Loris Karius.
After making his international debut for Wales back in May 2006, Bale has gone on to surpass Ian Rush as his nation’s all-time top scorer and has been voted Welsh Footballer of the Year a record number of times.
Bale returned to Tottenham on a season-long loan in September 2020.
Trending Gareth Bale Stories
Latest Gareth Bale Stories
- Gareth Bale penalty: Wales star appeared to catch himself on the big screen before miss
- Gareth Bale's stunning assist for Aaron Ramsey's opener against Turkey at Euro 2020
- Euro 2020 day two: Lukaku's tribute to Eriksen, Bale's backheel and other things you may have missed
- Mbappe, Kane, De Bruyne: The most valuable player for every country at Euro 2020
- Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar: How much do top footballers get paid per Instagram post?
- Euro 2020: Predicting 10 unexpected things that will happen this summer
- Kane, De Bruyne, Fernandes: The 20 Premier League players who won most MotM awards in 20/21
- Premier League: Man City's Ruben Dias only the 74th best player in 2020/21, according to stats