Fight record and stats
Joe Joyce is a professional boxer who competes in the Heavyweight division with a decorated amateur background that began before winning the gold medal at the 2014 Commonwealth Games - as well as the title at the 2015 European Games in Baku, Azerbaijan.
Born in London on 19th September 1985, the 35-year-old was a late joiner to the sport compared to the majority of others, taking up boxing at the age of 22 after his dream of pursuing a track and field career diminished after suffering injuries. Interestingly, Joyce is on record saying “I don’t really like boxing, but I enjoy doing it.”
Appropriately known as the ‘Juggernaut’ and after winning the silver medal at the 2016 Olympic Games, he turned professional the following July at the age of 31 - making his debut against experienced fighter Ian Lewison and came out on top in what was an impressive display.
Joyce featured on various undercards of big British fights as he made his name at York Hall and the O2 Arena, picking up the Commonwealth Heavyweight belt after just four fights. After six-straight victories, the Englishman made his way over to the United States and won the WBA Continental and WBA Gold Heavyweight titles, beating Joe Hanks and the respected Bermane Stiverne both by knockouts.
His career continued to progress after beating Alexander Ustinov and Michael Wallisch by TKOs, as well as Michael Wallisch behind closed doors. Without a doubt, the biggest fight of his career came against Daniel Dubois, knocking him down in the 10th round and securing the British Heavyweight title - previously held by the likes of Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua. Joyce is still undefeated and has a bright future ahead of him.
You can find more boxing news and rumours right here at GiveMeSport.
12-0-0; 11 wins by KO
Joe Joyce vs Daniel Dubois
Win by KO - Church House, London, 28th November 2020
Joe Joyce vs Michael Wallisch
Win by TKO - BT Sport Studio, London, 25th July 2020
Joe Joyce vs Bryant Jennings
Win via unanimous decision, The O2 Arena, London, 13th July 2019
Joe Joyce vs Alexander Ustinov
Win by TKO - Lamex Stadium, Stevenage, 18th May 2019
Joe Joyce vs Bermane Stiverne
Win by TKO - The O2 Arena, London, 23rd February 2019
Joe Joyce vs Joe Hanks
Win by KO - Staples Center, Los Angeles, 1st December 2018
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic scores minutes after coming onto the pitch after 4-month absence
- Harvey Elliott: Liverpool youngster's classy gesture to fan in hospital after injury vs Leeds
- Harvey Elliott: Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp was visibly emotional when giving injury update
- Harvey Elliott Injury: Man Utd's Marcus Rashford sends classy to Liverpool star
Latest Joe Joyce Stories
- Tyson Fury wary of Joe Joyce threat as Frank Warren describes him as a 'tough guy'
- Luis Ortiz issues fresh challenge to Joe Joyce
- Joe Joyce breaks his silence on Rio 2016 corruption controversy
- Joe Joyce is to be awarded Olympic gold five years after losing to Tony Yoka at Rio 2016
- Boxing Schedule 2021: Major Fights, Dates, Results And More
- Joseph Parker open to facing Joe Joyce to secure rematch with Anthony Joshua