With Real Madrid acting as a revolving door for some of the world's best talent, there has been one consistent and that has been Marcelo.
The left-back joined Real Madrid from Fluminese in 2007 for a price within the region of €8m.
He has since gone on to establish himself as a legend at the Bernabeu winning over 20 trophies with the club, which includes four league titles and Champions Leagues. Furthermore, the Brazilian left-back has also been named within the UEFA Team of the Season on three separate occasions.
Despite his evident domestic success, Marcelo has struggled to replicate this with the national side. Aside from a Confederations Cup victory in 2013, he is yet to win an international competition.
Although Marcelo has spent the majority of his career in Spain, he's admitted he would like to finish his career with the team he supports Botafogo and follow in the footsteps of fellow Brazilian Dani Alves.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic scores minutes after coming onto the pitch after 4-month absence
- Harvey Elliott: Liverpool youngster's classy gesture to fan in hospital after injury vs Leeds
- Harvey Elliott: Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp was visibly emotional when giving injury update
- Harvey Elliott Injury: Man Utd's Marcus Rashford sends classy to Liverpool star
Latest Marcelo Stories
- Jose Mourinho picked the best XI of players he's managed, featuring Chelsea and Real legends
- Maldini, Ramos, Puyol: Who is the greatest ever defender?
- Ramos, Ronaldo, Zidane: Real Madrid's 50 greatest players in history have been ranked
- Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar: How much do top footballers get paid per Instagram post?
- Alaba, Ramos, Hazard: How much money do Real Madrid players earn per-week?
- Sergio Ramos & Eden Hazard criticised for performances v Chelsea by Madrid media