About Max Verstappen
Max Verstappen is an exciting young Dutch driver who is racing for the Red Bull Racing team.
Verstappen was born on September 30, 1997 in Hasselt, Belgium. He is the son of former F1 driver Jos Verstappen, whose career in Formula One spanned from 1994-2003.
The Dutchman is regarded as one of the brightest prospects in Formula One, and became the sport’s youngest ever competitor at the age of just 17.
Verstappen began racing in 2015 for Toro Rosso before joining Red Bull Racing. A year later, at the Circuit de Barcelona in 2016, he became the youngest ever race winner at the age of 18 years and 228 days.
In 2019, Verstappen secured his best ever Drivers’ Championship finish by coming in third with 278 points. The Red Bull driver managed three victories in Austria, Germany and Brazil.
The Red Bull Racing team have now tied down this prestigious talent until the end of 2023 season.
- Laurel Hubbard: Weightlifter will be first transgender to compete at the Olympics
- Euro 2020: Who could England play in the round of 16?
- Man United news: Club to offer midfield star huge £400,000-a-week contract
- Man Utd and Liverpool accused of being 'real founders' of the European Super League
- Ronaldo and Messi: Laporta reportedly ‘dreaming’ of legends playing together at Barcelona
- Euro 2020 day 10: Verratti masterclass, Ampadu makes history & other things you may have missed
- Euro 2020: Mancini showed his class with Sirigu substitution during Italy 1-0 Wales
- Best goal of 2021? Jakob Glesnes scores dramatic equaliser in Phila Union 2-2 Atlanta Utd
- Cristiano Ronaldo's body transformation between Euro 2004 and Euro 2020 is so impressive
- Lionel Messi: Damning video sums up Barcelona star's career with Argentina