"Neymar" da Silva Santos Jr was born February 5, 1992, Mogi das Cruzes, Brazil. He is one of the most prolific scorers in his country's famed football history.
Neymar began playing football at Sao Vicente, under his father, a former footballer who remained a close adviser and mentor throughout.
In 2003, he moved to Santos. He made his debut in 2009, averaging a goal every other match and pushed the team to win the Libertadores Cup in 2011.
In 2013, Neymar signed with FC Barcelona for €57 million. Neymar won two La Liga trophies and three Copa del Rey's with the Catalan club, as well as one Champions League.
In August 2017, due to feeling in Messi's shadow, he moved to Paris Saint-Germain for a record €222 million transfer fee.
Internationally, Neymar made his debut in August 2010. At the 2013 Confederations Cup, he won the Golden Ball. He also starred for Brazil when his home country hosted the 2014 World Cup, scoring four goals before being ruled out with a fractured vertebra in the quarter-finals.
Neymar also has an Olympic gold medal to his name.
- Sergio Ramos: Real Madrid confirm captain is leaving the club
- Gareth Bale penalty: Wales star appeared to catch himself on the big screen before miss
- Christian Eriksen: Belgium and Denmark have beautiful 10th-minute gesture planned
- Gareth Bale's stunning assist for Aaron Ramsey's opener against Turkey at Euro 2020
- Premier League 2021/22 fixture list: Leeds United top predicted table after 7 games
- Euro 2020: Man Utd legend Gary Neville's viral tweet about VAR compared to Premier League
- Messi, Ronaldo, Bellerin: Seven footballers with unique diets
- Tyson Fury v Deontay Wilder III: Surreal face-off lasts over 5 minutes at first press conference
- Euro 2020: Roy Keane mocked by Ian Wright for his fashion sense during ITV coverage
- Copa America: Lionel Messi's first free-kick goal for Barcelona was so clever