About Roger Federer
It can be argued that Roger Federer is one of the most successful players to ever grace the sport of tennis.
The 38-year-old was born in Basel, Switzerland, and has experienced success in all four seasonal Slams while also achieving tour final victories and Olympic glory.
Federer turned professional in 1998 and stormed to success relatively quickly, with the 38-year-old being continuously ranked in the top 10 from October 2002 to November 2016. Furthermore, the Swiss-born player has written his name into the history books of the game, as he is one of eight men who've achieved a Career Grand Slam.
Outside of his direct success in the sport, his contributions and achievements in tennis have been recognised elsewhere, as Federer's received multiple awards. The 38-year-old has won the Laureus World Sportsman of the Year a record five times, while also winning the BBC Overseas Sport Personality of the Year four times.
Latest Roger Federer Stories
- Roger Federer vs Rafael Nadal vs Novak Djokovic: Andy Murray discusses GOAT race
- Djokovic, Nadal, Federer, Serena: Who has the most tennis Grand Slams?
- Novak Djokovic vs Rafael Nadal vs Roger Federer: Serb has dominated last decade
- Novak Djokovic vs Rafael Nadal vs Roger Federer: Head-to-head stat comparison
- French Open: Roger Federer withdraws from Roland Garros
- Nadal, Federer, Djokovic, Murray: Who is the greatest male tennis player of all time?
- Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, Murray: Net worth of the richest tennis players
- Ronnie O'Sullivan names 7 sporting greats, includes Messi & Ronaldo but not Hamilton
- Elina Svitolina: Ukrainian teams up with Roger Federer in hilarious target practice drill