Ronaldo is a retired Brazilian footballer, two-time Ballon d’Or winner and three-time FIFA Best Men’s player winner.
“Ronaldo” Luis Nazario de Lima was born on September 18, 1976, in Itaguai, Brazil. Ronaldo established himself as an unstoppable scorer for European football teams in the mid-1990s.
His playing career spanned 18 years, scoring 309 goals for club and country. He started off at Cruzeiro and went on to have spells at PSV, Barcelona, Inter Milan, Real Madrid and AC Milan, before retiring at Corinthians.
His career was hampered slightly by a recurring knee injury that first happened in 1999 and would keep him out of football for nearly two years in total.
Famed as one of the best footballers of all time, he has featured in many lists about the world’s greatest ever footballers, including being named “Player of the Decade” in 2010.
He helped Brazil to win the World Cup in 2002, where he won the Golden Boot, and also in 1994. He also won the Golden Ball in 1998. Despite his individual success, he never won as many team trophies as he should have.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic scores minutes after coming onto the pitch after 4-month absence
- Harvey Elliott: Liverpool youngster's classy gesture to fan in hospital after injury vs Leeds
- Harvey Elliott: Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp was visibly emotional when giving injury update
- Harvey Elliott Injury: Man Utd's Marcus Rashford sends classy to Liverpool star
Latest Ronaldo Luis Nazario de Lima Stories
- The ultimate Ronaldo Nazario quiz: Can you answer 20 questions about the Brazilian legend?
- Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldo Nazario: What happened the only time they played each other?
- World Cup: Ronaldo believes Arsene Wenger's controversial plan is 'amazing'
- Ronaldo, Messi, Maradona: Pele 'named' 12 best footballers in history
- Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldo Nazario: The winner for all 29 attributes on FIFA 21
- Ronaldo Nazario: Desailly and Thuram's comments before '98 WC shows how scary he was