About Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry is a French professional football manager and former player who is currently the coach of Major League Soccer outfit Montreal Impact.
Born on August 17, 1977 in Les Ulis, Henry spent the majority of his childhood living in a ghetto-like neighbourhood where his father encouraged him to play sport to avoid trouble on the streets.
While at the Clairefontaine Academy, he signed an apprentice contract with then Monaco manager Arsene Wenger and made his first professional appearance in 1994.
In 1996, Henry became France's Youth Player of the Year and established himself as one of top-young talents in the sport.
He scored 20 goals in 105 matches for Monaco before joining Juventus in 1999 for £10.5 million.
His time with La Vecchia Signora was short-lived, however, as Arsenal snatched the young talent up for £11 million after just one season at Juve.
It was in north London where Henry will forever be remembered as one of the top players to ever grace the Premier League. The Frenchman broke Ian Wright's record of 185 goals to become Arsenal's all-time top scorer with 228 goals.
He was also voted Footballer of the Year in the Premier League on three separate occasions.
In 2007, Henry joined Barcelona for £24 million and won six trophies in 2009 under then manager Pep Guardiola. He ended his three-year stint at Barca scoring 35 goals in 80 appearances.
In 2010 he moved to the US and finished his storied playing career at New York Red Bulls, where he scored 51 goals in 122 appearances.
Henry shined for France throughout his career, netting 51 goals in 123 appearances, and also captained the side from 2008-2010.
He has now transitioned to the managerial side of the game, with stints as an assistant to Roberto Martinez for Belgium and head coaching jobs at Monaco and with Montreal Impact.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic scores minutes after coming onto the pitch after 4-month absence
- Harvey Elliott: Liverpool youngster's classy gesture to fan in hospital after injury vs Leeds
- Harvey Elliott: Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp was visibly emotional when giving injury update
- Harvey Elliott Injury: Man Utd's Marcus Rashford sends classy to Liverpool star
Latest Thierry Henry Stories
- Thierry Henry: Arsenal legend mocked Tottenham on live TV ahead of Rennes match
- Premier League 100 club: Ranking the 30 members from 'God tier' to 'Making up the numbers'
- Thierry Henry: Footage of Arsenal legend humiliating Man City's defence is incredible
- Thierry Henry: Arsenal legend's goal and celebration vs Man Utd in 2007 remembered
- Henry, Kane, Aguero: Who is best striker in Premier League history?
- Thierry Henry & Cesc Fabregas' legendary post-match interview after beating Liverpool