About Tom Brady
Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr., known as Tom Brady, is a professional American Football player widely regarded to be the greatest quarterback of all time.
Brady is one of the most decorated players in American Football history, having won multiple team and individual awards during his career with the New England Patriots.
Brady was born in San Mateo, California, in 1977 and played football, basketball and baseball for his local high school. Brady was known as a great baseball player and his skills impressed MLB scouts enough for him to be involved in the 1995 MLB draft. However, he decided to focus on football and signed to play for the University of Michigan from 1995 to 1999.
Brady wasn’t a highly regarded talent coming out of college and was selected by the New England Patriots with the 199th overall pick in the sixth round of 2000 NFL Draft. In his second season, Brady took over as the starting quarterback and led the Patriots to first place in the AFC East and victory at Super Bowl XXXVI where he took home his first Super Bowl MVP award.
With the win in 2001, Brady had become the youngest quarterback to win a Super Bowl and what followed was a glittering career which saw him become the record holder for the most Super Bowl wins.
He also tied the NFL record for the most Pro Bowl selections, led his team to more division titles than any other quarterback, became the record holder for most career passing yards and touchdown passes, and is one of only two players to amass 70,000 passing yards and 1,000 rushing yards.
- Cristiano Ronaldo: Coca Cola give blunt response after Portugal star's Euro 2020 gesture
- Worst own goal in football history? Haiti's nightmare clanger in World Cup qualifier
- Portugal 3-0 Hungary: Overhead view of Cristiano Ronaldo's goal is poetry in motion
- Tyson Fury v Deontay Wilder III: Surreal face-off lasts over 5 minutes at first press conference
- Premier League fixtures: 2021/22 games announced for Man Utd, Liverpool and more
- Ronaldo, Phillips & Pogba all left out: Euro 2020 Team of the Week for round one
- Euro 2020 day five: Ronaldo rages, Pogba mugs Kroos & other things you may have missed
- Cristiano Ronaldo: Fans think Portugal star was fuming with Diogo Jota in tunnel
- Euro 2020: Man Utd's Paul Pogba produced stunning France highlights vs Germany
- Germany 0-1 France: Joachim Low caught 'sniffing' his fingers again in Euro 2020 clash